Tagg’s ‘Rants’ and Political Links
(politics, religion, society)
| Texts | Pics | Vids |
— 38° UK
— 4 million UK children too poor to eat properly
— Adbusters and the Culture Jammers Network " — a global network of artists, activists, writers, educators and entrepreneurs" who believe that "culture jamming will become to our era what civil rights was to the '60s, what feminism was to the '70s and what environmental activism was to the eighties". Includes anti-adverts, anti-corporate campaign information, etc
— The algebra of infinite justice by Arundhati Roy (Guardian, 29 Sept 2001). The real background to 11 September 2001 and to Western, especially US, involvement in Afghanistan.
— Les alternatifs. ‘Chômage, précarité, exclusion et pauvret, ingalités homme/femmes, guerres... Le monde reste transformer. La mondialisation capitaliste marginalise des millions de personnes et met en péril l'équilibre écologique de la plante. Nous voulons un autre monde!’ You have to be mad not to agree with that...
— American Indian Cultural Support 'dedicated to preserving our various Nations'sovereignty, legal rights, lands, and cultures', including the 'Camp Justice' campaign.
— Amnesty International
— Arts degree? Then earn less!... (BBC report)
— ASSANGE — click here.
—L’Association canadienne des professeures et professeurs d’université
— Audititis (Kafkaesque contagion,
managerialist mayhem, cowardly quantification-mania, etc.)
see also Grim Threats.
• Anti-communist propaganda - hilariously pics incl. ‘I Married a Communist’, Senator McCarthy, and ‘Red Rape’,
— Anti-Disinformation marquees from this site.
— The Atheist Apocalypse from VirusComix. YE-E-SS! May the day of judgement of the four horsemen be soon upon us!
— Audititis & Beyond (Φ)
— Austerity errors
• Baby Milk Action "is a non-profit organisation which aims to save lives and to end the avoidable suffering caused by inappropriate infant feeding."
• The Bilderberg conspiracy — world domination by a greedy and cynical lite (‘The High Priests of Globalization’ [Will Hutton]) ESSENTIAL READING
• Blair fabricates Iraq threat. UK government plagiarises out-of-date and questionable academic articles to whip up Bush’s case for war against Iraq (Guardian, 7 Feb. 2003).
• Blair's promises to big business (Forbes magazine, Feb. 2001) and • Blair's ideology (yuck!)
• Bookmarks - socialist bookshop in London (UK).
• Brad and Joe: The system sucks (why running away from the problem solves nothing) ▪
• Environmental mayhem after Brexshit
• Brick-a-Brand - online game: you slam corporate logos with well-deserved bricks. Very therapeutic.
• Bush & Blair have long, long noses (See what they chase after!)
• Bush in 30 Seconds anti-disinformation competition: fantastic audiovisual statements from young people in the USA.
• Bush's re-election, Daily Mirror front page, 2004-11-04: "How can 59,054,087 people be so dumb?"
• Canada-Palestine Solidarity
• Celebrity Sucks (Guardian, Dec., 2016)
▪ The Century of the Self. The outstanding TV Series about capitalism’s abuse of psychology...
• Children of Iraq — Photos from the war in 2004. Let no-one say ‘I didn’t know’.
• Cindy Sheehan’s letter, 2005-09-07.
• Climate Action Network "is a global network of over 287 NGOs working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels."
• Consumption and Consumerism What are they? How do they work? Who controls who? Perverted individualism. Essential reading for anyone hoping to survive in the modern West.
• Corporate Accountability. Includes Corporate Dirt Archives / Researching Corporations Corporate Power Information / Anti-Corporate Email lists / Corporate Welfare Information Center 180: The Movement for Democracy and Education.
• Corporate Robot In Pursuit of Excellence (Snog album picture by Chris Woods).
• Corporate Watch. Keeps track of obscenities committed by international capitalism
• Corruption in Montréal — a personal view
• Counterpunch. US west-coast alternative political newsletter.
• Curtis, Adam: Century of the Self
• ’Delivery services’: what a misnomer! Why bother?
• The Ecologist – Founded in 1970, the world's longest running environmental magazine.
• Explorations in Social Inequality.
• Esso (Exxon) deny global warming: lies and consequences
▪ Facebook — the CIA’s top intelligence gathering operation | Video 1 | Video 2 |
▪ Facebook — miscellaneous materials
• La facture chez nous (magouilles à 3600 Van Horne
• Fast food production mayhem (Guardian, 16 May 2001).
▪ Robert Fiske: Bankers are our dictators
‡ Fred Frith, freedom of movement and the “Land of the Free" (April 2005)
• Free Culture — ‘How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Culture and Control Creativity’ . Experience Lessig’s own PowerPoint presentation online
• Freedom to Care – promotes social conscience in the workplace, public accountability, ethics at work, support for whistleblowers; provides "free information on professional ethics, bullying at work, corporate responsibility, social and ethical accounting and auditing - especially in health care, nursing, social work, police, financial services, education, science and environment."
• Friends of the Earth.
● Gap=crap Nike=shite
● Gaza.  Stop the Blockade; The Gaza Ark (Freedom Flotilla); Ship to Gaza/Upprop Ship to Gaza.
 Israeli bombing and devastation 2009 and 2012.
• Goebbels, Joseph: Knowledge and Propaganda (1928: you don't have to be niceto be clever)
• Global Action ("may our resistance be as international as capital!")
• Global Arcade Information and excellent anti-corporate games!
• Globalisation is not delivering for the poor. Our leaders are wrong. ‘The real anarachists are inside the cordon sanitaire... Blair and Brown's infatuation with globalisation is neither sensible nor sustainable.’ Letter to Guardian, 16 Aug 2001, from Alan Simpson, Labour MP for Nottingham South.
• Goldman Sachs, pay your tax!
• Google — big brother
• GreenNet, "unlike many other Internet Service Providers, is geared to the needs of non profit organisations, activists and people working for social change."
• Greenpeace: Free the Arctic 30
• The Grim Threat to British Universities
(review in New York Book Review, 2011-01-10, by Simon Head — gritty facts and excellent analysis of audititis).
• The Hacktivist - Electronic Civil Disobedience
• Human Rights Watch AMNESTY-style info about capitalism's abuse of human beings worldwide
• Hummers are bummers.
• IMF and Structural Adjustment. The real International Monetary Fund
• Income differences in the UK (2001) Equality? Forget it!....
• inequality.org — there‘s plenty of resistance to it, even in the USA!
• Iran’s nuclear programme: Cheney, Rumsfeld & Wolfowitz backed it!
• Iraq Body Count — Adding indifference to injury
• Iraq collateral murder
• Iraq war could cost $2 trillion.
• Iraqi Children — Photos from the war in 2004. Please view these before saying ‘I didn’t know’.
• Jesus goods on E-bay (for real!)
Jackson: Smoke, Lies and the Nanny State — from tobacco corporation propaganda to pharma lobbying.
"'All the experts’ once agreed that masturbation caused blindness, that homosexuality was a disease, and that marijuana turned people into homicidal maniacs. In the 1970s and 80s British doctors told mothers to put their babies to sleep face-down. Cot deaths soared, until a campaign by one nurse succeeded in changing this policy, which we now know to have claimed something like 15,000 lives"… That's the kind of 'science' Joe Jackson examines in this essay. Anyone whose brain is not completely rusted up should read Joe's essay. Did you know, for example, that through levies and taxes, UK smokers contribute around 10 billion to the public purse each year? Smoking ain’t good for ya and I’ve quit but is it really more of a danger for humanity than obesity, stress, exhaust fumes, land fills, nuclear waste, climate chage or war?
KMFMS - Kein Mitglied für MicroSoft.
• The Koch Brothers, emperors of evil, doyens of destruction, societal robbers and parasites, enemies of empathy, of altruism and the environment, destroyers of democracy, traitors of truth, perverters of political justice, etc. Check out these diabolic entities by viewing
• The Koch Brothers: Godfathers of Greed
• Robert Greenwald’s documentary The Koch Brothers Exposed
• Labor cartoons amusing and apt US political caricatures
• Lakoff on the hegemonic hijacking of language by the political right (=wrong).
• Jaron Lanier: Sell your data to save the economy and your future (BBC, 2013-05-27).
• Lebanon war. The real reasons (Christian Science Monitor) | Electronic Lebanon.
• Lendovsky, Charles: ‘US sacrifices liberty for security’. Leader from local US newspaper, very critical of the negative effects of ‘the war on terrorism’ on basic liberties (May 2002).
• Letters to the New York Times and to President G W Bush from parents of Greg, killed in the World Trade Centre, 11 September 2001.
• Leviticus: an open letter asking for advice. Why can’t I own a Canadian?
• Lockerbie bombing. Evidence about the Lockerbie (PanAm) disaster was faked so that Libya could be framed as a ‘rogue’ nation. In the process, falsely incriminated policewoman Shirley McKie’s life and career were ruined. A complex web of cynical deceit, it seems, involving the FBI, the CIA, heroin smuggling and improper pressure on Scottish authorities to fall in line with US foreign policy agendas. For more complete picture, follow all links, e.g. those given by The Scotsman and the BBC. See also this site.
• The Low-Level Radiation Campaign just in case anyone still thinks humans aren't at risk from low level ionising radiation or from man-made fission products...
• Matsu slates the money paradigm — economic 'success' = ecological catastrophe!
• The Media Channel keeps an eagle eye on US media reporting and has links to many good alternative sites
• “Marry an American!” (philanthropic Canadian website for non-Bush voters)
• Martin Luther
King: Beyond Vietnam
• McSpotlight — "McDonald's spends over $2 billion a year broadcasting their glossy image to the world. This is a small space for alternatives to be heard." This site is an absolute MUST: well researched, well written, well designed, very disturbing and very entertaining. Includes excellent leaflets like What's Wrong With McDonalds, What's Wrong With Ronald McDonald, etc. that you can distribute at your local McDonald's.
• Michael Moore's homepage
• Mother Jones
• Move On — Democrary in action
• New inequality "Before the French Revolution, 1 in 20 of the French labour force worked for the Court - making wigs, building palaces, gilding statues, or as servants. Is the post-industrial economy a court economy, in which the work of many, exists for the status of a privileged few?"
• New Internationalist Magazine
• Marin Niemöller's poem When the Nazis came...
• Nike's email correspondence with Jonah Peretti. Nike lets you personalize your shoes by submitting a word or phrase which they will stitch onto your shoes, under the swoosh. So Jonah Peretti filled out the form and sent them $50 to stitch "sweatshop" onto his shoes. Here are the responses he got. Hilarious reading!
• NoLogo — ‘The Book that became part of a movement’. An excellent site for Global Resistance to the kack of capitalism.
•Non-Delivery services: what stupidity! Why bother?
• Overhaul of UK economy
• Palestine page .
• Pilger’s writings and films
• Pilger on 'sanctions' in Iraq and other terror.
• The Postmodernism Generator This machine churns out more readable 'postmodernist' claptrap than most academics can.
• The Power of Nightmares — see it! Adam Curtis's BBC2 documentary about the exploitation of fear in the "war on terrorism". Must be seen! Another page. ||The politics of fear in the USA (détente could have been a reality but the neocons didn't want it!). What The Guardian says about the documentary. View one episode.
• PR Watch — Public Interest Reporting on the PR/Public Affairs Industry, incl. ‘Weapons of Mass Deception’.
▪ PREGNANT THEN SCREWED 1
▪ PREGNANT THEN SCREWED 2
• Private (Non-) Delivery services: what stupidity! Why bother?
• Québec as a police state? Very serious events in Montréal (spring 2012). Amnesty International is monitoring the situation critically. Almost all lawyers agree that the Draconian measures put into place by the Québec government against demonstrating students are in breach of the Canadian constitution.
• Realty-based or fantasy-based community?
• Résistance à l'aggression publicitaires + Les casseurs de pub (oui!).
• Reclaim Democracy! Why do (US) corporations have more rights than you? Includes a great Thomas Jefferson quote.
• Resentment among Roma Musicians. Goran Bregović’s use of work by Šaban Bajramović and other Roma musicians
• Revoke Plutocracy! Corporate America versus standard humanist bourgeois democracyic from the menu - Try "BMPB - Buy education", for examp
▪• Sandra Bennett in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about those gay pinko pot-heads north of the border (Canadians). Excellent, well-written little article
• Snog: CD cover picture by Chris Woods.
• Socialist Party (UK website, incl. articles from The Socialist).
• Socialist Unity Network (England & Wales)
• Socialist Workers Party (UK website, online newspaper, etc.)
• Studs Terkel interviewed on the Friday after Tuesday 11 Sept 2001.
• SUVs Seriously Suck.
• UNICEF: Rich countries (OECD), where 47 million children are poor — Worst in Mexico, USA, Italy, UK and Turkey - who also give least in foreign aid. Best in Nordic countries - who give most in foreign aid.
• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights–- Governments and corporations should not contravene it!
▪ United Nations: Declaration of Human Rights
• United Nations League Table of Child Poverty in
• United States - Punishment and Prejudice. Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs
• United States – ordinary people lose their basic human rights under Bush regime’s “war on terrorism”
• United States prisons. Free-enterprise slave labour, racial discrimination and human rights violation in the Gulags and concentration camps of the Land of the Free.
• One US view of Canada, the ‘curious” neighbour...
▪ Carlos Vega: El canto de los trovadores en una historia integral de la música.
• Votergate, etc., USA, 2004.
• WalMart and the Walocaust site: ‘The world is our labour camp’ . Start with this report in The Guardian.
Two sets of disturbing political pictures:
1. Gaza, New Year 2009 and November 2012
As if the attacks on Lebanon (2006) had never existed, and as if Gaza hadn't been sufficiently destroyed by illegal phosphorous bombs and high-explosive shells in 2009 (1,300 civilian deaths, 30% of them children) , the extremist Israeli government is at it again (November 2012), ‘defending their promised land ―Jehovah must be turning in his/her/its grave!―, bombarding a densely populated Arab area by air and from the sea, reducing homes and schools to rubble and killing countless civilians. Its David the Philestine versus Goliath the Israelite to the power of n. The Israeli forces seem hell bent on perpetuating terrorism, because, once again, they’re themselves using terror to encourage the most predictable response retaliation from their victims. You dont have to be a rocket scientist or a Hamas rocket launcher to work out that, without high-tech weaponry, the obvious response to the Israeli attacks will be more home-made rockets, more suicide bombings, more airline hijacking and similar low-tech acts of destruction. Add to all this the alienation Israeli actions are causing among its previous friends and allies and it seems quite possible that these events will turn out to be the beginning of the end of the nation state of Israel. Congratulations, if that's what you want!
Funeral of a young boy in Gaza
Montage from January 2009 Israeli bombing of Gaza
Israeli TV Channel 10's military correspondent Alon Ben David
showing the score: "Death toll: Israel: 0, Gaza: 25", November 2012 l
Palestinian land loss 1946-2010
Palestinians search through the debris in the aftermath of Israeli airstrikes in the Gaza Strip, 18 November 2012. Photograph: APAimages / Rex Features
to do something constructive right now?
Donate to UNICEF Children of Gaza Fund
Before you start accusing me of
anti-semitism please calm down, step back for a moment and remember that:
1. Most Arabs, like many Jews, are Semitic.
2. A large proportion of Jews, both inside and outside the state of Israel, are against the violence committed in their name by Zionists.
3. If Id been living in the 3rd Reich Id be Jewish enough by birth to end up in an extermination camp.
4. AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the ‘Jewish’ or ‘Israeli’ lobby) purchases US elections.
5. Zionism —not Judaism!— is a dangerous and destructive ideology (check out the 8 links, below),.
Gaza body count 15 January 2009: 1,105 killed, 5,100 wounded.
13 innocent people were killed in Israel by Hamas rockets in 2009. Over 1,300 Gazans were killed by retaliatory Israeli attacks between 27 December 2008 and the end of January 2009. That means that those who carried out the attacks on Gaza estimate one Israeli life to be worth that of 100 Palestinians. Why? Because they think they’re the chosen people? Talk about arrogance and hybris....
many Palestinian kids died as a result of the illegal blockade of Gaza before
27 December 2008?
How many more will have to die this time around (November 2012)?
Road blocks, concrete walls, systematic apartheid and illegal occupation on the West Bank, all against UN resolutions and international law, then 1½ million people living in a tiny prison of blockaded and often occupied territory... Why do you think Hamas won the Gaza elections? Are you surprised theyre firing their erratic rockets at Israel?
I am appalled by Hague and Obama and their knee-jerk apportioning of blame on to the Palestinians. Not only does it make no sense. In my view it's also hypocritical, immoral, ill-informed, stupid and destructive. I'm ashamed by what I see as the moral ssloth, stupdity, historical ignorance and cowardice of the governments in nations where I have lived. How can they support the overthrow of repressive régimes in Libya and Egypt, denounce bombardments by Assad's well-armed forces in Syria against an ill-equipped opposition and then claim the present horrors in Gaza are the fault of Hamas and the Palestinians? That's a rhetorical question with a very shameful answer. It is scandalous.
Im also the father of a much loved child. I can hardly start to imagine how this man is feeling, along with hundreds of other Palestinian dads.
2. Mahmoud Salah
Ten eyewitnesses saw Israeli forces execute 23-year-old Palestinian Mahmoud Salah (below) on an open street in early March, 2002.
He was arrested on the street and immediately handcuffed. Then the policemen raised his arms and threw him against my car, said 56-year-old Yehiya Al Waari.
A policeman had put his foot on his neck. Another was holding his legs. All the neighbours and myself saw from our windows how he was executed half an hour after his arrest. Members of the special units who executed Salah were repeating Lets kill him.
Why did the Israeli forces stand right by Salah for half an hour if if he was loaded with explosives? He obviously wasnt even carrying any weapon at all.
Madman George Bush II and his lapdog Blair used to rant on about the Axis of Evil and quote UN resolutions about the wrongdoings of Sadam Hussein. Now (November 2012) Hague and Obama apportion blame on to the Palestinians but seem to ignore 50 years of UN resolutions about the Palestinians right to their own homeland. That's not only hypocritical in my view. Until justice is done towards the Palestinians and until we take a stand to stop Israeli government thugs from committing the kind of brutality currently going on in Gaza we can expect to live in an insecure world.
Another story about the 3 pictures
In August 2002, my immediate line manager at the Université de Montréal, where I had just taken up a job, asked me, quite politely, to withdraw the pictures, shown next, from my website, in order to avoid offending certain individuals with Zionist sympathies..
The death of Mahmoud Salah
Since I was new in the job and the city, I felt obliged to comply, but with increasing knowledge of the real causes of the atrocities in New York on 11 September 2001, I decided to re-post he pictures. The reasons for this decision are:
 this is my personal website which can in no way be seen to represent the ideas, policies or opinions of anyone else, let alone those of my employers;
 given the amount of propaganda for the war in Iraq and for the Israeli régimes actions in the occupied territories, a different view, presented by one individual on a personal website, can hardly be regarded as a major threat by those denying Palestinians the right to their own homeland; just look at how land has been stolen from the Palestinians between 1948 and 2010;
 Zionism is incompatible with the basically humanistic character of Judaism; therefore, opposing the actions of the Israeli occupation forces and the ideology of Zionism ought to be seen as pro-Jewish. For a clear historical explanation of the cardinal differences between Judaism and Zionism, check out these ten simple points.
 to appease those who want to confirm their belief in the unjust world order we suffer under, I have included a barrage of anti-communist propaganda on this site;
 I still have the right to express my opinion publicly, as long as it is not racist or anti-human.
'Collateral damage' in Gaza, January 2009
Young men in Gaza learning about the 'free world'